22 February 2008

"You're Bill Murray, that's obvious."


"Hip-hop is a battle game," he said. "Chess is a battle. Martial arts is a battle."


I don't want to go to work, I want to go to Brooklyn. Why do I want to go to Brooklyn, you ask? Because RZA is going to be in Brooklyn. Gah. Why did my family ever migrate from Brooklyn? Just my luck, yo. It's alright though, I'll catch you on the flipside, RZA.

Ok, out of the Wu, RZA doesn't always have the smoothest of rhymes, but he is definitely the one armed with the beats. A few months back I found a RZA instrumental bootleg, and it blew my fuckin' mind. It has all the Wu and RZA tracks you love, just stripped of the vocals(duh). Hearing the beats without the rhymes brings them to an entirely new level, and makes you appreciate RZA's killer production skills all the more. The bootleg is on spot with its title because it is an experience.

RZA -- The Instrumental Experience Bootleg


RZA & Xavier Naidoo* -- Ich Kenne Nichts (I Have Never) [Band Edit] (live)

& just because I can:
GZA, RZA, & Bill Murray in Delirium


*if you don't know who Xavier Naidoo is, go educate yourself

No comments: