14 February 2008

Mix: 'Cause it's the best and the worst, and it's life out loud; N.Y.C.



New York City, my soon to be new home. How I've missed you so these last four months. Your streets worn down after hours of wandering, your nooks, crannies, and crevices explored until it was time for me to turn in. Time for me to go. I always have to go, don't I? Leave the lights, the bustle, the continuous hum of life. Just the mere hope of returning to you next weekend has given me what I've needed to get through the next week without going crazy. Soon I'll never have to leave you--never have to go, and be crazy in an entirely new way. New York City, I salute you, and miss you.

Blues Traveller -- Dropping Some NYC

U2 -- City of Blinding Lights

Fleetwood Mac -- Empire State

Simon & Garfunkel -- A Heart in New York

R. Kelly -- Gotham City

Bill Joel -- New York State of Mind (Live)

Dwight Trash -- I (Heart) New York

Tom Waits -- I'll Take New York

Simon & Garfunkel -- 59th Street Bridge Son (Feelin' Groovy) (Live) [my favourite song of all-time]

No comments: