01 February 2008

Hush, boy, if you want me for your girlfriend


The Basement Jaxx, my current obsession; making love to my ears and moving my hips every night for the past two weeks. A house duo (not unlike fellow contemporaries, Daft Punk) comprised of the brilliancy of Felix Buxton and Simon Ratcliffe as well as electronic phenomenawesomeness. Hailing from Mother England, they've been on the scene since the mid-nineties, releasing their first LP in late-ish '99. Perhaps one of the more approachable electronic acts out there today providing listeners with not only some groovetastic beats, but poignant lyrics as well; dealing with a woman's insatiable libido to heartbreak. I could go on and on about how amazing they are, honestly, I could, but I think I'll put a sock in it, and let the music do the "talking" instead.

Basement Jaxx -- Hot 'n' Cold

Basement Jaxx -- Hush

Basement Jaxx -- If I Ever Recover [Side Note: Who knew heartbreak could be dancey and sincere at the same time without losing any of its heart?]

Basement Jaxx -- Get Me Off

Basement Jaxx -- Get Me Off (Superchumbo Super Get Off Remix)

Basment Jaxx -- Red Alert

Basement Jaxx -- Smoke Bubbles

Basement Jaxx -- Broken Dreams

Basement Jaxx -- Broken Dreams (Los Amigos Invisibles Mix)

Basement Jaxx -- Feels Like Home

Basement Jaxx -- All U Crazies

Basement Jaxx -- Bingo Bango

Basement Jaxx -- Twilite

Basement Jaxx -- As The Night Moves On

Daft Punk -- Phoenix (Basement Jaxx Remix)



Related post(s): Don't Wanna Be Coy...

No comments: