20 February 2008

Mix: 'Cause Hard Times Happen to the Best of Us



It's like The Great Fuckin' Depression of my life, man. I mean, my girl left me--bitch said she'd be back in a few, and then two weeks later shows up with some dude called Hector and a U-Haul. My jobs suck--all three of them. I mean, I don't know what's worse, the douchebag bosses or the lousy pay. You want to know what else is sad, man? Three jobs and I'm still a broke ass. My bank account has been in the negative since November, man. Three jobs, man, and a negative bank account--you do the fucking math. It's not even like I go out. A movie here and there, sure, but I ain't done anything big for five months now, man. I'm so broke I can't even go to school--and that's what I'm fucking working for, man. At least when I was in school it was acceptable to be broke, "oh it's okay, he's working hard hittin' the books." But, now? Now, everyone looks at me like I'm a lazy ass. Twenty-one, working, and not in school--that's an unholy trinity of something, man. Assholes from high school walk up to me all arrogant and shit, asking me what I've been doing. Snickering when they hear "I'm just working." They think I'm stuck, man. They don't even know. Just wait, man, just fuckin' wait. What do you mean, "for what?" For me to be done with this bullshit, man. The fuckin' Depression didn't last forever, this shit ain't either.

The Flaming Lips -- Bad Days

Ray Charles -- Hard Times

Oasis -- Stop Crying Your Heart Out

The Beatles -- Hey Jude

Azure Ray -- Displaced (Live)

Sam Cooke -- A Change is Gonna Come

R.E.M. -- Everybody Hurts

Bob Dylan -- A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall(Live)

Sia -- Breathe Me

Radiohead -- No Surprises

Gary Jules -- Mad World

Nina Simone -- Here Comes the Sun (The Beatles cover)

Bonus!Video!Jam! RZA -- Grits

No comments: