22 February 2008

R.E.S.P.E.C.T. M.Y. H.U.S.T.L.E.



Ok, while I am not an über fan of the iTunes music store (especially when it comes to purchasing less popular artists) due to its constant fuckuppery of artist and track labeling, I will give it props (as well as a plug) for it's Hip Hop/Rap Sale. Roughly forty albums are up for grabs at $7.99 a pop, from the likes of Nas, T.I., Fabolous, N.W.A., Ghostface Killah, Swizz Beats, Talib Kweli, The Roots, and T-Pain. The selection is alright, but there are a few gems there (primarily from the aforementioned artists). However, my top five recommendations (in no particular order) from the sale are:
T.I.'s T.I. vs T.I.P.
Wu-Tang's Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Nas' It Was Written
Gang Starr's Mass Appeal: The Best Of [I hate reccomending 'Best Of's' because it's lazy, but Gang Starr is dope]
*Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek (as Reflection Eternal) Train of Thought

They are albums I own and have much love and respect for (I honestly would not rec them otherwise). Funny thing? My plan today was to venture out and purchase a RZA album or two, since my music collection is seriously lacking in his department, but due to the assload of snow and my city's inability to plow, I could not. So what did I do instead? Purchase Ghostface's latest, The Big Doe Rehab. I already own several of Ghost's releases, but hey, it's all in The Wu, and I've been meaning to buy that since it came out.


T.I. -- Respect This Hustle

Wu-Tang -- C.R.E.A.M.

Nas feat. Lauryn Hill -- If I Ruled the World (Imagine That)

Gang Starr -- LoveSick

Talib Kweli & Hi-Tek -- Eternalists

*classic case of iTunes fuckuppery

No comments: