13 February 2008

Visual Insanity





*Music Video post--complete with mp3's! (It's musically delicious).

Jamiroquai -- Virtual Insanity

I remember when this video first came out--VH1 and MTV went crazy for it. Luckily for me, both stations played it in the AM, making Virtual Insanity my morning jam for the '96 -- '97 school year a.k.a. the sixth grade. I remember the arguments that grew from how the fuck they did the special effects.
"He's just that good of a dancer, man."
"No, bro, it's a lame camera trick."
"No, the floor moved."
"The walls did, buttface."
"Shut the Hell up, Jay Kay is magic."

Interesting tidbit: won "Breakthrough Video" as well as "Best Video of the Year" at the '97 MTV Video Music Awards.
For the record: it's the walls that move.


Mika -- Lollipop

I've grown to love Mika in the last couple of months, and it wasn't on account of the song Love Today--which I can not stand--but on account of this song, actually. A housemate was given Mika's album for Christmas and Lollipop played while driving around one blustery afternoon, and I was hooked. It's so g-ddamned catchy! He's like Freddy Mercury meets George Michael meets the Spice Girls and I absolutely fucking love it. Although the video was illustrated by five French animators collectively known as Bonzom, the style, as well the characters were inspired by album art that Mika and his sister designed for his album, Life in Cartoon Motion.


Kylie Minogue -- Wow

My name is Georgia, and I am a Kylie Minogue fangirl. I've been shaking my fangirl ass to her tunes since the nineties--Locomotion?! Even during my "punk is the shit everything else blows" phase, I never denied my love for her music. I just didn't care, and still don't. She's too much damn fun. It was a toss-up between this video, Red Blooded Woman and In My Arms. Red Blooded woman isn't nearly as fun and in In My Arms, Kylie is just a bit too crazy for my tastes(the fan part?). Also, Wow is her new single off X (an album I highly recommend you purchase). Speaking of Wow, check out the Spitzer and MSTRKRFT remixes here and then snag the CSS remix. I think a Kylie post is definitely in this blog's near future...


Aqua -- (Lollipop) Candyman

"You are my lollipop..." I see a another theme developing in this post. Hmmm. Aqua is just one of those groups you hope release a new single if only because it means a new video. This video is "what the fuck" dipped in awesome. It's cool though, they're Danish.

I think we'll keep it at four before Blogger blows a load over the size of this post.



*Kid tested, Mother approved, unless of course they work for the RIAA.

No comments: