16 February 2008

"I'm a fan of really great stuff...so by default, I'm a fan of myself!"



Mr. West, Mr. West, Mr. West. My love for you has grown over the past few months. Reluctant as I was at first to admit my liking for you (for years I was drinking the Haterade) I can now proudly state that I am a fan. It pained me at first to do so, even if disliking you was based on your personality and not your music.The image you had put forth turned me off in the worst of ways. Arrogant as fuck, I couldn't look at you, let alone listen to anything that came out of your mouth without becoming agitated. Then you released Stronger, and being a Daft Punk fan, I was intrigued pushing my hate for you aside as I took a listen. I mean, if the Parisians like you, and want to work with you, you can't be all that bad, can you? At first play, I was pretty much, "meh" as my distaste for you was potent still. It took a few late night dance sessions at a friend's place before I was hooked (I swear, sometimes all one has to do is make me want to move my hips and I'm theirs).

So naturally, while over at Shots Ring Out my interest was piqued by a video interview you did with Spike Jonez (Hype Williams is there too). Broken into five parts, the entire interview runs about a half hour. Not the most riveting of interviews, but worth a watch if you're a Kanye fan. Click here for the interview.

Also, six dates added to the Glow in the Dark tour, check out the rest here:
Mon, 04/22/08 NOKIA Theatre LA LIVE Los Angeles, CA
Sun, 04/27/08 Pepsi Center Denver, CO
Fri, 05/23/08 United Center Chicago, IL
Tue, 05/20/08 Centre Bell Centre Montreal, QC, Canada
Tue, 05/27/08 Credit Union Centre Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Thu, 05/29/08 Rexall Place Edmonton, AB, Canada


Kanye West -- Flashing Lights (Mano Uptempo Remix)

Estelle feat. Kanye West -- American Boy

DJ Felli Fel feat. Kanye West, Fabolous, Jermaine Dupri, & Ne-Yo -- Finer Things

Consequence feat. Kanye West -- The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Michael Jackson feat. Kanye West -- Billie Jean 2008

2 comments:

dayuhangkayumanggi said...

Been a fan of the 'Ye since "The College Dropout"...

Love the number he pulled off at the Grammys - Daft Punk's cameo was the cherry on top!!!

Things look good especially for Estelle's US bow..

Giarie said...

Dropout is my favourite Kanye album.The Skool Spirit sketches alone are enough to earn that title.

That performance was sick, right? When it first started I was like, "Huh, that looks like Daft's spaceship hoop dee doo," but I never in a million years thought they were actually in it.

I've honestly not listened to anything else by Estelle. I should correct that.

Thanks for your comment!