19 February 2008

Visual Insanity, Part II



Puff Daddy feat. Faith Evans & 112 -- I'll Be (Missing You)

Every time I think about this song, the first thing that pops in my head is Puffy's performance from the '97 MTV VMAs. Between the choir and the fact that Sting actually came onstage and performed with him, made that performance pretty unforgettable. Being only a few months after Biggie's passing, emotions were still high and by the end of the performance the entire audience was on their feet. It was one of those "wow" moments. I wonder if there's a video...


Mark Ronson feat. Alex Greenwald -- Just

Mark Ronson is gorg*, so naturally any video in which he appears multiple times in a single frame is made of Win by default. Seriously, with his looks aside, this video is still pretty rad. Originally I was going to post the video for Valerie but then realised that Mr. Ronson had just dropped Just as the fourth single off Version. Also, the fact that Ronson's video is a throwback to the Radiohead original helps this video score points as it demonstrates that he's keepin' it real, yo.



Justice -- Phantom II

I easily could have posted the dope fucking video for D.A.N.C.E., but this video is not without it's charms. When I first saw the video, I thought it a bit reminiscent of Daft Punk's Prime Time of Your Life video--visually if nothing else. But upon a second watch, I think any correlation between the two videos is that they were both made by french electro-house duos. A solid video definitely worth five minutes of your life.



Marilyn Manson -- (S)AINT

Out of left field, huh? Keeping you on your toes is all. Pretty much a visual orgy of sex, drugs, and sadomasochism. There's no question in my mind as to why this video is considered controversial--between the graphic sex scenes, drug use, and naked Mr. Manson--any kid watching it would not grow up to be alright.** I'm not even sure what to say about this video. Yeah. If you're squeamish about blood, this video definitely is not for you.






*gorg is slang for gorgeous.
**my sad attempt at The Who humour.

No comments: