22 February 2008

This is our decision, to live fast and die young...


Music is the poetry of the air.
-Richter



The MGMT -- Time to Pretend
I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.
Let's make some music, make some money, find some models for wives.
I'll move to Paris, shoot some heroin, and fuck with the stars.
You man the island and the cocaine and the elegant cars.
This is our decision, to live fast and die young.
We've got the vision, now let's have some fun.
Yeah, it's overwhelming, but what else can we do.
Get jobs in offices, and wake up for the morning commute.
Forget about our mothers and our friends
We're fated to pretend
To pretend
We're fated to pretend
To pretend...


The Lucksmiths -- Sunlight in a Jar
I tried to write an opera for us
But I didn’t get that far
’Cause trying to sum you up in song
Is like catching sunlight in a jar
Complex, completely credible love
The kind that is made not handed to you from above
Is difficult to talk about and harder to write
Like the rhythm of a pulse, or the contours of firelight
Overblown libretto and a sumptuous score
Could never contain the contradictions I adore
We can just be chaos and then something aligns
It’s so hard to contain, maintain it or define it...


Erykah Badu -- Bag Lady
Bag lady you gone hurt your back
Dragging all them bags like that
I guess nobody ever told you
All you must hold on to
Is you, is you, is you
One day all them bags gone get in your way
One day all them bags gone get in your way
I said one day all them bags gone get in your way
One Day all them bags gone get in your way
So pack light
Pack light...


Patrick Wolf -- A Boy Like Me
A boy like me is told he is both nine and ninety and
A boy like me should shut those books join the army
but a boy like me would never be seen fighting for peace
I want total chaos and a holiday home in the east
A boy like me should know much better
than to raise his flag in stormy weather
but i just cant get enough electric shocks
I want to buy a lighthouse and
ride a giraffe on the rocks hey
I dont give up
I want two dogs two cats a big kitchen and a welcome mat
I want all this and all shall have
I dont give up
A boy like me dont ever give up his dream, no...


Bob Dylan -- One More Weekend
Slippin' and slidin' like a weasel on the run,
I'm lookin' good to see you, yeah, and we can have some fun.
One more weekend, one more weekend with you,
One more weekend, one more weekend'll do.
Come on down to my ship, honey, ride on deck,
We'll fly over the ocean just like you suspect.
One more weekend, one more weekend with you.
One more weekend, one more weekend'll do...

No comments: