29 April 2008

Mix: So It Goes.




Being at an age prone to delusions of invincibility, my armour cracked upon hearing that yet another friend has passed on. Another friend, 22 years old, no longer fighting the good fight in this circus we call Life. A friend whom I once called my best, my truest; forever. A friend with whom growing up meant growing apart.

And I'm not sure how to handle this. My Heart hurts. My eyes, they threaten, and yet the only thing I can think of is music. Just burying myself in songs (in memories) of better days. Seeking comfort in musicians we loved in summer sun and winter rain--singing and dancing stupidly until we collapsed in fits of laughter on her bedroom floor. This mix won't be sad, that wasn't her style, it's not my style; our style. So to others, this mix may seem a sorry excuse in honouring the dead, but it's the best way I know how. & knowing Leril, she'd laugh and call me a stupid ass for it.

Leril, this is for you.
Rest in Peace.


NSYNC -- God Must Have Spent (A Little More Time On You) [one fo her favourite NSYNC songs]

Ricky Martin -- Livin' La Vida Loca

Jennifer Lopez -- Waiting for Tonight

Nancy Sinatra -- These Boots Were Made For Walking


Blink 182 -- I Miss You





She was born with HIV and ultimately died of complications from the disease. Help raise awareness as well as money to insure no one else has to needlessly die. There's an AIDS Walk in NYC on the 18th of May, and there are a number of AIDS charities you can donate to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry for your loss. I don't think it's a sorry excuse for grief at all.