22 April 2008

I'm gonna try 2 tame your little red love machine



Having always had a thing for dark hair, dark eyes, and well, Prince in general: that picture is doing things for me right now. Prince is another bish turning 50 this year, and he still has got IT. I inherited my love of Prince from my sister. Needless to say, our mother did not appreciate her youngest daughter prancing around the house with her walkman, singing along with "Pop Life," "Erotic City," and "Purple Rain." I am a pop whore to the core, and a sucker for high-singing pop-funk-rNb musicians. If I had a car and no financial responsibilities whatsoever, I would totally be heading to Coachella this weekend. Totally.

Prince -- Sexy M.F. (12" Remix)

Prince -- New Position

Prince -- Raspberry Beret

Prince -- I Feel For You [quintessential summer jam of mine]

Prince -- My Name Is Prince (House Remix)

Prince -- When You Were Mine [Live]

Prince -- Guitar

Prince -- Baby I'm a Star

Prince -- Black Sweat

Prince -- How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore [Live]

Prince -- Batdance [what kind of Batman fan would I be if I didn't include this?]

Prince -- All Along the Watchtower (Bob Dylan Cover)/Best of You (Foo Fighters Cover) [Live]

Prince -- A Case of You (Joni Mitchell Cover)

DJ Scenius -- Harder Better Faster Controversy (Daft Punk vs Prince)

Immuzikation -- Just Another Call With You (MGMT vs Soulwax vs Prince vs Chromeo vs Afrika Bambaataa vs Stardust)

No comments: