20 April 2008

We Interrupt Your Normally scheduled Broadcast With This Brief Announcement




Save my television and cell phone, every electronic of mine has been seriously wounded or killed since the 1st of this month. My printer died, my camera is on its deathbed, my iPod is being held together by no less than six rubber bands, and now my desktop has passed on. In the midst of checking my e-mail, my computer shut down--died, taking 90GB of music, and five years worth of writing and photography, with it. Yes, while I knew the end was near, I had procrastinated in transferring files to discs.

Does this mean the end of Revolution Muzak? Absolutely not. The laptop is still kicking and I have over 800 albums in my physical CD collection. Also? The Hype Machine, Skreemr, and Google are amazing resources.

So if Revolution Muzak is keepin' on, why this post? Because the laptop is ancient in 'lectronic years (5 human years becomes 50), and patience will be required. But don't fret, all this chicky needs is a new tower and everything will be gravy once more.

Some mp3 tidings to hold you over until I post my mix.

Party Ben -- Boulevard of Broken Songs (Green Day vs Oasis)

A Silver Mt Zion -- Broken Chords Can Sing a Little

Portishead -- We Carry On [Live]

Glass Candy -- Computer Love (Kraftwerk)

No comments: