13 May 2008

MSTRKRFT Remixes Usher (Among Others)



Ok, ok, ok! I've already been kinda diggin' on the Usher track, "Love in the Club," but it wasn't until my ears met the MSTRKRFT remix of the song, that I absolutely fell head over heels in love. MSTRKRFT are pretty adept remix artists (check out more of 'em below), but wowza! I think the boys just outdid themselves. The blending of Usher's vocals with MSTRKRFT's trademark grunge-disco-supergalactic beats is so smooth, that it is downright sickening. Especially with the grungy-'lectro-piana melody breakdown at the halfpoint, it's perfection in a four minute package. I honestly can not get enough of this remix. Even though I love me some MSTRKRFT on a regular basis, I have got to say that my heart has a softer spot for their remixes.


Usher -- Love in This Club (MSTRKRFT Remix)


Juliette & The Licks -- Got a Love to Kill (MSTRKRFT Remix)

Fergie -- Fergalicious (MSTRKRFT Remix) [MSTRKRFT really can save anything]

Metric -- Monster Hospital (MSTRKRFT Remix)

Chromeo -- Tenderoni (MSTRKRFT Remix)

Space Cowboy -- Running Away (MSTRKRFT Remix)


Also, apologies on disappearing for nearly two weeks, with sunshine comes funtimes!

No comments: