26 April 2008

Mix: What do you say to taking chances?



"No one should come to live in New York unless he is willing to be lucky."
-E.B. White


A friend introduced me to that quote, and with the Big Move date now set and rapidly approaching, this girl has never felt more ready to be in Fortune's favour. Maybe this is where my fascination with that Celine Dion song comes in--at the moment, "Taking Chances" is my song to the City. It perfectly summarizes the anxiety and hope contained within my freckled skin. Like a first kiss--you're scared because you think you are going to be terrible, but you throw caution to the wind because you're getting exactly what you want. Exactly what you want. Except this kiss has been four years in the making and is now eight months overdue. And now the waiting--the yearning--is over. One more month and I'll finally get the kiss I've been waiting for...

And I've never been more scared/excited in my Life.


Celine Dion -- Taking Chances

The Proclaimers -- I'm On My Way

Killing Joke -- Change

Daft Punk -- Too Long [Live]

Prince -- Let's Go Crazy

Dark Dark Dark -- New York Song

David Bowie -- Fill Your Heart

Morrissey -- Let Me Kiss You

Bob Dylan -- Bye and Bye

Curtis Mayfield -- We've Only Just Begun

Nina Simone -- Feeling Good [it's a new dawn, it's a new day, it's a new life for me, and I'm feelin' good...]

Billy Bragg -- Don'Think Twice It's Alright (Bob Dylan Cover) [Live]

No comments: