08 April 2008

Mix: I'm a Hype Machine Reject



Celebrating two months of aurally stimulating blogging, I decided to submit Revolution Muzak to the Hype Machine's blog list. After several error messages, I contacted the Hype Machine staff. This gem arrived in my inbox this morning:

Hi Gia,

Thank you for suggesting your blog! Unfortunately, it seems it doesn't quite fit our format right now. We look for blogs with a more clearly defined focus in the music that's posted.

All the best,

Zoya


Riiight.

To show Zoya just how clearly defined our focus here at Revolution Muzak is, today's mix is brought to you by iTunes shuffle. Oh yeah.


RZA -- A day to G-d is 1,000 Years

Regina Spektor -- Field Below

Jimi Hendrix -- Love or Confusion

Garbage -- Push It

Sizzla -- Run Out Pon Dem [Sean Paul stole the beat for "Temperature"]

GZA -- Amplified Sample

Pete Townshend -- Exquisitely Bored

Robbie Williams -- Karma Killer

The Jackson 5 -- Reach Out I'll Be There

Bob Dylan -- Romance in Durango

Stevie Wonder -- Master Blaster (Jammin')

3 comments:

Rjcc said...

not rejected from my bookmarks tho. good look

Giarie said...

Thank you & much love.

Damo said...

I feel your pain, Gia. I too got rejected... TWICE. Ouch.

Have you tried joining http://elbo.ws? It's pretty much the same concept as Hype Machine.

Good luck!