26 April 2008

Rapped every single word to the newborn child


Music is the poetry of the air.
-Richter



Kate Nash -- Mouthwash
This is my face
Covered in freckles
With the occasional spot
And some veins
This is my body
Covered in skin
And not all of it
You can see
And, this, is my mind
It goes over and over
The same old lines
And, this, is my brain
It's torturous analytical thoughts
Make me go insane...


Grateful Dead -- Ripple
Reach out your hand if your cup be empty,
If your cup is full may it be again,
Let it be known there is a fountain,
That was not made by the hands of men.
There is a road, no simple highway,
Between the dawn and the dark of night,
And if you go no one may follow,
That path is for your steps alone.
Ripple in still water,
When there is no pebble tossed,
Nor wind to blow.
But if you fall you fall alone,
If you should stand then whos to guide you?
If I knew the way I would take you home...



Lupe Fiasco -- Hip Hop Saved My Life
One you never heard of I,
Push it hard to further the
Grind, I feel like murder but,
Hip Hop just saved my life
His man called said your time might be now
They played your freestyle over "wipe me down"
They played it 2 times, said it might be crowned
As the best thing out the H-Town in a while
He picked up his son with a great big smile
Rapped every single word to the new born child
Then he put him down and got back to the kitchen
Put on another beat and got back to the mission
To get his momma out the hood, put her somewhere in the woods
Keep his lady lookin' good, have her rollin' like she should
Show his homies there's a way, other than that flippin' yay'
Bail his homie out of jail, get a lawyer on his case
Throw a concert for the school, show the soldiers that its cool
Throw some candy on the Caddy, chuck the deuce and act a fool
Now it feels good when it happens like that
Two days from goin' back to sellin' crack, yessir



Nas -- Still Dreaming
How you a man waitin' for the next man to get rich?
Yo' plan is to stick out yo' hand real quick
So if he feed ya family and he serve you shit
Then he need that head you get and he deserve your bitch
Since you wishin' cash fall from the sky all ya life
Dwellin' on the past when you was alright
When you was gettin' cash but wasn't too bright
Now ya luck down you feel like, bustin' them shells
Nobody owe you, can't do nothin' for self
Want niggaz to show you, how to come up wit' green
I scheme since I'm fourteens, what the fuck was your dream?
Rental cars, little broads, sayin' you was seen
Wit' little niggaz wit' a chain you was doin' ya thing
How high was I? You the thousandth guy
That came around thinkin' we can see, eye to eye
We on a different echelon, coulda got bread together
Now you gets deaded on
Some people really
Some people really are (still dreamin')
Still dreaming...

No comments: