20 April 2008

I said I love having sex but I'd rather get some head



R.M. darlings, Three 6 Mafia, are back with a new song, "I'd Rather" (feat (DJ Unk). "I'd Rather" is a track off their new album, Last 2 Walk, slated for release June 24th. Three 6 in general are pretty addicting, but "I'd Rather" is the best thing I've heard thus far this year, if only for the following lyric:

I didn't feed her none but dick 'n' bubble gum...

That tickled me in the best of ways--and I like this song a helluva lot better than Lil' Wayne's "Lollipop" (gag me, please), the overall sound and rhymes just put "Lollipop" to shame. While songs about oral sex are nothing new (from Peter Gabriels's "Kiss the Frog" to Blink 182's less subtle, "The Blowjob Song") Three 6 definitely have the catchiest. The chorus, which is the title of this post, has been on repeat in my brain since Saturday afternoon. Worst part? Since I am notorious for just singing whatever comes to mind, I busted out with that lyric at work last night, much to amusement of several male co-workers. I'm way excited about Three 6 dropping a new album, HUZZAH!

Three 6 Mafia feat. DJ Unk -- "I'd Rather [Dirty Version]

Three 6 Mafia feat. DJ Unk -- I'd Rather (Douster Remix)

Three 6 Mafia feat. DJ Unk -- I'd Rather (Krayz Remix)

The music video isn't anything phenomenal, just Three 6, chicks, and cool effects. The video is the clean edit of "I'd Rather."


EDIT Three 6 Mafia -- In the Ghetto

No comments: