12 March 2008

The way you move is a mystery



The night went smashingly! While the WaMu Theater is a cozy venue in which all seats have a fair viewing of the stage, date and I thought otherwise, and went from this, to this, to finally, this. Sick, right? It's amazing what a simple skip and a hop can do.

Fancy was absent from the lineup, but M.I.A. made a quick onstage appearance when Mehdi and Busy P did a mix of her song, "Boyz." Well, it was more like Busy P dragging her onstage. F.Y.I., she's boning Diplo, so naturally she had come to watch him perform. Chromeo was fanfuckingtastic. Seriously. They sound just as amazing live. Also? Much love for reaching back to their first record for a few tunes. Needy Girl? Needy More Love after performing that gem!

Justice was a mindblow as well. We had left to get drinks during the mini break after Chromeo's set and when we walked back in, Justice was onstage with at least fifty amps and their trademark cross dead center on the stage. It was a sight to behold, and made the music appreciating nut I am, mist up a bit. They didn't open with their biggie, "D.A.N.C.E.", but with "One Minute to Midnight"--if I remember correctly, and I think I do. They teased us with "D.A.N.C.E." Teased us big time. They first dropped a wee bit of the beginning of "D.A.N.C.E." in the middle of another song. Then waited just long enough where you thought you were hearing things before they did it again. This went on for about ten minutes. And when they did play "D.A.N.C.E." they proceeded to tease us further by slowing down the tempo.

Of course I didn't come home without a little somethin' somethin' for you guys. My crappy and ancient digital camera has video capabilities. I managed to knock off a few clips of Justice's set before my memory card ran out. The image quality (as well as sound on some)is poor, but hey, I was there and you weren't, so you'll just have to shut up and deal, won't you? I kid, I kid--but seriously. You really do just need to deal with poor quality or at least have the decency to buy me a new camera if you're going to whine. I make a brief cameo in Clip 6. I'm only posting the best clip here, you can go to my video page for the rest.




And so this post has some proper substance, mp3s!

Justice -- D.A.N.C.E. (MSTRKRFT Remix)

Chromeo -- Bonafide Lovin' (Hatchmatick Remix feat. Teki Latex

JUSTICE -- DVNO (Surkin Remix)

Chromeo -- Call Me Up (Kill The Noise Remix)

Justice -- Phantom, Pt. II (Boys Noize Remix)

Chromeo -- Needy Girl (Lifelike Remix)

Justice -- The Party (LA Riots Remix)

No comments: