03 March 2008

My life has become a boring pop song, and eveyone's singing along


Music is the poetry of the air.
-Richter



Simon & Garfunkel -- Flowers Never Bend With The Rainfall
It's no matter if youre born
To play the king or pawn
For the line is thinly drawn tween joy and sorrow,
So my fantasy
Becomes reality,
And I must be what I must be and face tomorrow.
So Ill continue to continue to pretend
My life will never end,
And flowers never bend
With the rainfall...


The Pogues -- Misty Morning, Albert Bridge
I dreamt we were standing
By the banks of the Thames
Where the cold grey waters ripple
In the misty morning light
Held a match to your cigarette
Watched the smoke curl in the mist
Your eyes, blue as the ocean between us
Smiling at me
I awoke alone and lonely
In a faraway place
The sun fell cold upon my face
The cracks in the ceiling spelt hell
Turned to the wall
Pulled the sheets around my head
Tried to sleep, and dream my way
Back to you again...



Jack's Mannequin -- I'm Ready
(I wake up to find it's another
Four aspirin morning, and I dive in
I put on the same clothes I wore yesterday.
When did society decide that we had to change
And wash a tee shirt after every individual use:
If it's not dirty, I'm gonna wear it.
I take the stairs to the car
And there's fog on the windows.
(And I'm Fighting the words...)
I need caffeine in my blood stream,
I take caffeine in the blood stream.
I grip the wheel and all at once I realize:
(And you're getting away...)
My life has become a boring pop song
And everyone's singing along...)



Aesop Rock -- Basic Cable
Television; all hail grand pixelated god of
fantasy, murder-scape, and bent perspective.
Fuck a sore channel changed digit,
I sit with a nasty network intravenous plan,
with a stable diet of my cable pirate.
Yo, the doctor is in, the doctor is on,
born the bastard son of static radiance cloned to welcome in every home.
Let a blue screen, bruised dream canopy
victim of the cursed nursed Technicolor drunk support team.
Ooh, I love all advertisements
though accused by robot news casters who capture and pollute
spoon-fed hazardous fog to joy luck catholic squad.
Please take me, please calm me, please make me a zombie
please I want to donate my brain to the monstrous Panasonic profit...


Antony and the Johnsons -- Hope There's Someone
Hope there's someone
Who'll set my heart free
Nice to hold when I'm tired
There's a ghost on the horizon
When I go to bed
How can I fall asleep at night
How will I rest my head
Oh I'm scared of the middle place
Between light and nowhere
I don't want to be the one
Left in there, left in there...

No comments: