15 March 2008

Visually Delicious, The IV Installment



Fleetwood Mac -- Gypsy

I just can not help myself. I'm sorry. My Mac addiction is at an all-time high and you guys are getting the brunt of it. One good thing about the Mac? Their videos are always an artsy acid trip. From Seven Wonders to Everywhere (can't get away from that song) to Hold Me--all cinematatic endeavours reminding you of just how hip and non-conformist the Mac are.


Britney Spears -- Break The Ice

Britney in anime--surely you jest? No. I can’t. It happened and here’s the proof. “Break the Ice” the new single off Blackout, provides the background noise in this interesting mini animated feature. I am a bit speechless actually. Maybe it’s because I’m over-tired and my brain is still trying to process that nonsense. The end leaves us with a cliffhanger--to be contined...


Backstreet Boys -- Incomplete

We are not boys. We are men. To prove it, we’ll ditch the our roles and our tunnel of love and sing about heartbreak in the desert. Because then? Then we can fall on our knees in the sand repeatedly, because THAT’s how men do it.They just fall--BAM! just like that. No bubble guns, so silly finger wagging, no classic ’90s hairstyles. We grown, yo.


98 Degrees -- It’s the Hardest Thing

Speaking of grown men singing in boy bands attempting to produce artsy themed music videos...I actually had to dig out my way old cd for this song, as I could not find it on the internet. I remember when the video came out and they were on TRL and when Carson Daly asked what the video was about, they tried to assign it some deep meaning. The girl was crying because love hurts as does getting hit in the face and love and a person’s face are things that don’t need to get bruised.


B*Witched -- Blame it on the Weatherman

I was addicted to these ladies like you wouldn't believe. While I did love me some Spice Girls, I just never got into them as much as I got into B*Witched. Maybe it was because they were Irish, maybe because their songs were addicting, or maybe because the cover of their first album was orange--who knows. When I broke my cassette from overusing it, I immediately set out and bought it on CD. I bought all of their singles--hell, I even had a t-shirt.



I like how instead of me discussing the music videos, this has just evolved into me rambling on about the song or the artist. Nice. Also? This was totally started on Saturday. Totally.

No comments: