26 March 2008

And maybe it is time to live...


Music is the poetry of the air.
-Richter



Röyksopp -- Remind Me
We stayed outside til two,
Waiting for the light to come back,
But hid in talk I knew,
Until you asked what I was thinking.
Brave men tell the truth,
A wise man's tools are analogies and puzzles,
A woman holds her tongue,
Knowing silence will speak for her...



Joan Osborne -- Let's Get Naked
Let's just get naked
It's a trip and a half...
A trip and a half
We've been together so long
I hope it wasn't just the drugs
What happened to the energy we had
The morning glories and the rodeo hugs
And I know you like the back of my hand
With a stamp that says I paid to get in
And yes I am your television show
And you're the nicest place I've ever been
Let's just get naked
Just for a laugh...



Dar Williams -- As Cool As I Am
So now were at a club, you watch the woman dancing, she is drunk,
She is smiling and shes falling in a slow, descending funk,
And the whole bar is loud and proud and everybody's trying, yeah.
You play the artist, saying, is it how she moves, or how she looks?
I say, its loneliness suspended to our own like grappling hooks,
And as long as she's got noise, shes fine.
But I could teach her how I learned to dance when the music's ended...



Eels -- P.S. You Rock My World
I was at a funeral the day I realised
I wanted to spend my life with you
sitting down on the steps at the old post office
the flag was flying at half mast
and I was thinkin' 'bout how everyone was dying
and maybe it is time to live...



Savage Garden -- Carry On Dancing
And the groove tonight
Is something more than you've ever seen
The stars and planets taking shape
A stolen kiss has come too late
In the moonlight
Carry on, keep romancing,
Carry on, carry on dancing
In the moonlight
Carry on, keep romancing,
Carry on, carry on dancing
You're never safe 'till you see the dawn
And if the clock strikes past midnight
The hope is gone
To move under...

No comments: