26 March 2008

Mix: I am (Bat)woman

Things are going to get real personal 'round here, so buckle up, or skip to the music.

I am:
unattached.
unbetrothed.
uncommitted.
un-manned.
In other words: I am single.

People--strangers, friends, co-workers, as well as the good ol' family--have taken an unprecedented interest in my love life as of late. At least twice a week I get the question, "why is a great girl like yourself not scooped up yet?" Sometimes great is interchanged with nice or pretty, and scooped becomes snagged, snatched, or taken. Being asked three times in the space of one hour's time, like last night*, as to why I was not scooped, snagged, snatched, or taken can make a girl a bit edgy and feeling as though she needs to justify her singlehood with some small quip:

I can't help the freckles.
Red's not in this season.
They like their soul too much.

For a long time, this singlehood was something I actively chose. (Takes one bad relationship to ruin the bunch, yeah?) Asked out on dates I'd say "thanks, but no." Only within the last year have I actively put myself back on the market--began saying, "yes." A few great guys, a few nice dates--but nothing solid. The potential was there, yes, but for one reason or another things didn't takeoff. That's how the game works, you keep swinging until you get a hit.

I would take a shared bed in lieu of a lonely one any night of the week. And the rush you get right before kissing someone? I honestly do not think there is a better feeling in the entire Universe. The tingles and butterflies--the intimacy of being with another human being in a capacity not shared between friends. The kind of intimacy and closeness that leaves their scent on you, hours after they've gone.Yes, I'm romanticizing a bit, but it is in my nature, and with spring sprung? Spring Fever is going to be setting in and making this girl giddier than usual (Hell, I've already bought a dress).

This is poorly written, I know, and not at all where I wanted to go with this, but hey, at least you're getting some tunes as a consolation prize!


Alicia Keys -- The Thing About Love

Cyndi Lauper -- Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Stevie Nicks -- Sweet Girl

David Bowie -- The Prettiest Star

Lenny Kravitz -- Are You Gonna Go My Way?

Madonna -- Future Lover

Gnarls Barkley -- On Line

Destiny's Child -- Independent Women, Pt. 2

David Bowie -- Fill Your Heart

M.I.A. -- Boyz

Al Green -- Tired of Being Alone

Samantha James -- Send It Out to the Universe

Das Pop -- Fool For Love (Sebastian Remix)

Kylie Minogue -- Heart beat Rock

Le Tigre -- Let's Run

Earth, Wind, & Fire -- Sing a Song

Mariah Carey -- Shake It Off

Stevie Nicks -- I Sing For Things

Lisa Loeb -- Fools Like Me

David Bowie -- John, I'm Only Dancing

Alicia Keys -- Superwoman



Bonus!Video!Jam!
Destiny's Child -- Bootylicious


*This post has been a week in the making, oops.

No comments: