24 March 2008

Mix: Surely, You Dress!



Surely, I do not. I have not worn, let alone purchased a dress in nearly five years. I have not been a dress kind of gal since I hit age fourteen, and I can barely walk with both feet on the ground let alone three inches up. Yesterday, that changed. I bought not only a dress, but a pair of heels too. It's one of the ten signs of the Apocalypse, so I'd watch it if I were you. All that's missing? A hot date to step out with wearing the dress. Thank goodness it's getting warmer out... In usual R.M. fashion, we're celebrating this little victory with a mix.

AC/DC -- There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'

Fancy -- Dressed to Kill

Mike Doughty -- I Just Want the Girl in the Blue Dress To Keep On Dancin'

Donna Summer -- Hot Stuff

The Staple Singers -- I'll Take You There

Daft Punk -- Make Love

Mr. Mister -- Broken Wings

Earth, Wind, & Fire -- Let's Groove

Basement Jaxx -- Take Me Back To Your House

Michael Jackson -- She Drives Me Wild

The Lovemakers -- Fashion

Madonna -- Beautiful Stranger

Donna Summer -- Last Dance

2 comments:

Johnny Wednesday said...

honestly, your blog has to be the most handy and entertaining I've come across yet. you've got the only files from Fancy's album I've managed to find so far. where did you manage to get your hands on it? I've been hunting it down for a while, with no luck. apparently there aren't any torrents of it, and I don't know where I can buy it in US dollars.

Giarie said...

Aw, thanks!

I only have two Fancy tracks which I pulled off an Ed Banger Records artists mixtape. Their stuff is extremely hard to come by, both legally and illegally.