18 July 2008

Visually Delicious: The Weezer Edition



Like any good middle schooler: I listened to Weezer. But, unlike your average middle schooler, I only listened to Pinkerton--beyond that album, I do not know much about Weezer besides their singles. Pinkerton was a good friend at the time favourite album, and was nine times out of ten the soundtrack to our shenanigans--whether it be at her or my house, blasting, or emanating from our shared Sony discman--Rivers Cuomo and crew followed us most everywhere. That album has so many memories connected to it. Dicking around after school, trying cigarettes for the first time, running around the football field in our underwear, teasing the boys on the football (and baseball) teams, and just general tomfoolery. MY fave Pinkerton tune, "Across the Sea" is videoless, so to kickoff things, my second favourite, "El Scorcho." I think I'd be good for you, and you'd be good for me...


Weezer -- El Scorcho



Weezer -- Say It Ain't So



Weezer -- Buddy Holly



Weezer -- Photograph



Weezer -- Island in the Sun



And the award for Pretty Fucking Rad Video goes to:
Weezer -- Pork and Beans

No comments: