18 July 2008

And our time is not infinite



The Magnetic Fields NYC based indie-pop, has been a bedfellow of mine since moving. Polished lo-fi--brassy, synthy, all heart, pop sensibilities without the glossy luster of it's top 40 brethren, the Magnetic Fields definitely can't be accused of following the crowd.

I know they get a lot of hype for their 69 Love Songs albums, and don't get me wrong, they're great albums (a personal soft spot for vol. I), but I've always found myself drawn more towards i. Great album. Great, and if you're unfamiliar with it, then I have only one thing of advice for you: get yourself familiar with it.


If Theres Such A Thing As Lo - The Magnetic Fields

Too Drunk To Dream - The Magnetic Fields

Lets Pretend Were Bunny Rabbits - The Magnetic Fields

I Think I Need a New Heart - The Magnetic Fields

I Thought You Were My Boyfriend - The Magnetic Fields

Punk Love - The Magnetic Fields

I Shatter - The Magnetic Fields

No comments: