23 July 2008

This is a mouth that needs religion



Broken Social Scene--indie-thuper-band-extradoniares. I'm not even going to pretend that I know anything about them. Before the Siren Festival this past Saturday, I knew only one of their songs: "Fucked Up Kid." Admittedly, I was blown away by their set. Their frontman and main vox, Kevin Drew, was extremely charming and personable with the crowd. He had me captivated.

As amazing as they sounded live, I was disappointed upon returning home and finding their music less than amazing. Not bad by any means, but not up to par with how they performed live. Which is all together, disappointing since one cannot see a band live all the time. Especially when poor. I am still giving them a shout and recognition though, because they really did blow my mind Saturday.


Guilty Cubicles - Broken Social Scene

Blues For Uncle Gibb - Broken Social Scene


Superconnected (Acoustic) - Broken Social Scene

No comments: