21 June 2008

Great Scot!





Okay, I've been meeting to write about this hot Scot for nearly a month now. My roomie mailed Amy MacDonald's album to me when she mailed me the keys. Not having the time to write proper about her before I left, I decided to make it one of my first orders of business upon moving. Leaving her CD in my desktop, I was not amused ot find out that I had left my desktop wires upstate. To make a longer story short, upon checking my one e-mail for the first time in weeks, my roomie sent me an e-mail complete with streams and picture!

In the vein of Kate Nash, Brandi Carlisle, and KT Tunstall, Amy is a singer songwriter. I know with the music emerging today, it is easy for an artist to just get lumped with other similar ones. I only do this to poor Amy MacDonald because she is still a relative unknown--and hopefully not for long. The demo that was sent to me was a breath of fresh air, seriously. Fun, heartfelt, and summery, this blogger was entranced.

Check her out, you won't be disappointed.

Amy MacDonald -- Mr. Rock N Roll

Amy MacDonald -- Posion Prince

Amy MacDonald -- Run

No comments: