20 November 2008

Just another white trash county kiss



Completely putting aside the fact that I'm am in lust love with Brandon Flowers, I must say that The Killers new album, Day & Age is monstrously good. I've listened to a barrage of new albums in the last three days, but by far Day & Age is my favourite. The genres are definitely blurred on the album, though rock alternative remains its core, the funk and up-tempo beats prevalent throughout the tracks are so seamlessly woven in with The Killers "sound" that it just adds the oomph of the album. Yes, while The Killers have always carried up-tempo numbers on their albums, Day & Age finds the beats a lot cleaner. Listening to the album on repeat at work last night, I honestly could not find a weak track.


The album is set for release next Tuesday, and I encourage everyone to go out and purchase the album to show their support. Also? The Killers are currently on (or about to embark) tour for Day & Age, the tickets are cheap (already got mine!) so hit up ticketmaster to see if they're playing at a venue near you.


The Killers -- Joy Ride

The Killers -- A Dustland Fairytale

The Killers -- Human

No comments: